From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Overlays does not have a profiles/repo_name entry
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 23:59:09
1 On Monday 09 July 2007 12:38:46 Xav' wrote:
2 > After I sync/update this morning, there was a new version of portage out
3 > of the box, but from now,
4 >
5 > emerge displays following message for each of my  installed overlays :
6 > > Note: The repository at [overlay path] does not have a profiles/repo_name
7 > > entry. This can reduce the functionality of the repository in some cases.
8 >
9 > From where and why this message is displayed ?
10
11 profiles/repo_name is required for unique repository names for GLEP 42 [1]. As
12 it isn't that clear in the GLEP itself the proper explanation would probably
13 be found somewhere in the archives of the gentoo-dev mailing list... ;)
14
15 > How could I disable it ?
16
17 The warning is now disabled in trunk and will thus be disabled in the next
18 release (probably 2.1.3_rc8). So by downgrading, upgrading or adding
19 profiles/repo_name (which should contain a string that identifies the
20 repository (overlay) uniquely and isn't "gentoo", the name of the main
21 tree..).
22
23 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0042.html
26 Bo Andresen