From: Eugene Rosenzweig <eugene259@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on Mac Mini Intel
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 11:36:27
1 Christoph Eckert wrote:
2 > Hi all,
5 > I'm interested in buying an Intel Mac Mini.
6 >
7 > Qestions:
8 >
9 > * Will Gentoo run on it?
12 Sooner or later I am sure it will :)
13 > * If so: Which installer is the right one (sorry I'm not that familiar
14 > with processor hardware)?
17 there are no ready-made yet I dont think
18 > * Can it dual boot with the installed Mac OS?
19 >
20 yes.
21 > Thanks & best regards
24 > ce
25 >
26 These guys have been working on running linux on new Macs:
27 http://www.mactel-linux.org/wiki/Main_Page
28 They started off by running gentoo, as this pic shows:
29 http://www.mactel-linux.org/wiki/Image:Gentoo2.jpg
30 They got a HOWTO going:
31 http://www.mactel-linux.org/wiki/HOWTO
32 They have a livecd but it is a Ubuntu one:
33 http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=160126
34 So they have kernel patches, they can boot and they got a dual-boot
35 guide. Thats enough to install gentoo on your x86 mac I think. With a
36 bit of hacking. I am sure sooner or later there will be a ready-made
37 installer CD for it too.
38
39 Eugene.
42 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list