From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gnome doesn't shutdown
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 20:57:03
1 On Friday 23 October 2009 22:16:03 Manuel Fiorelli wrote:
2 > 2009/10/23 Manuel Fiorelli <manuel.fiorelli@×××××.com>:
3 > > Hello,
4 > > I noticed that Gnome doesn't shutdown anymore. When I press
5 > > System/Shutdown and I confirm in the prompt, the desktop is cleared
6 > > but the wallpaper is still visible and the machine doesn't shutdown.
7 >
8 > The problem seems to be disappeared after I add the service "consolekit" to
9 > the same runlevel of dbus.
10
11 Correct
12
13 > Note: it seems to me that consolekit was pulled in during the last
14 > update, but I forget it...
15
16 emerging a package is not the same thing as configuring it to run. There would
17 have been an elog about it.
18
19 > Can this be the right solution? Does the Gnome HOWTO need an update?
20
21 Well, it is presumed that as a gentoo user, you do read the elogs....
25 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com