From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem updating madwifi-ng.
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 03:26:56
1 On Monday 25 September 2006 04:49, Christopher Granade wrote:
2 > I have madwifi-ng installed and working, but portage tells me that there
3 > are updates available. Upon trying to emerge these updates, I get the
4 > following during compiling:
5 >
6 > WARNING: Symbol version dump /usr/src/linux-2.6.17-gentoo-r7/Module.symvers
7 > is missing; modules will have no dependencies and modversions.
8 >
9 > CC [M]
10 > /var/tmp/portage/madwifi-ng-0.9.2/work/madwifi-0.9.2/ath/ah_osdep.o
11 > /bin/sh: scripts/genksyms/genksyms: No such file or directory
12 >
13 > The compile bombs and blocks the entire portage --update --deep world
14 > process. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
15
16 You already did send this ones. Did you not receive it the first time or why
17 are you creating duplicate thread?
18
19 Anyhow, you really should provide more information than the above. Saying that
20 the compile bombs out is just vague and useless. Show us the errors
21 instead...
22
23 Nonetheless, what is the output of:
24
25 # equery check sys-apps/module-init-tools
26
27 ?
30 Bo Andresen