From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do kernel modules load automatically during boot?
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 03:22:23
1 On 22 April 2015 21:17:55 CEST, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >I just did a huge update on an older ~amd64 machine, and now only
3 >three out of a dozen or so kernel modules load during bootup, which
4 >leaves a lot of hardware in an unusable state.
5 >
6 >What mystifies me is how those three kernel modules managed to get
7 >loaded while all the others didn't. (It's the same three modules every
8 >time, BTW.)
9 >
10 >I grepped through /etc for the names of those modules, thinking maybe
11 >I listed them in modprobe.conf.d sometime in the past, but no, those
12 >modules are not listed anywhere in /etc, nor are any of the others
13 >listed either.
14 >
15 >I can modprobe all of the unloaded modules manually after bootup,
16 >which shows that all of the modules exist and load without error,
17 >so the problem lies elsewhere, but where?
18 >
19 >Any clues would be most welcome.
20
21 Did you update all packages succesfully and also updated your running kernel to a current version?
22
23 Do you use and initramfs?
24
25 Do you have /usr on a seperate partition?
28 Joost
29 --
30 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.