From: Timur Aydin <ta@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] VPN question
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 15:15:13
1 Hello everybody,
2
3 I have a gentoo linux PC at home that I am using as my internet gateway.
4 It is also running a web server and a mail server with a static IP.
5 Everything is working fine.
6
7 Now I have installed a VPN server on this system (OpenVPN) and I am
8 using a VPN service provider to get a USA IP address. This, in its own,
9 works fine as well. But once I bring up the VPN tunnel, the web server
10 and the mail server become unavailable.
11
12 So, I need a way to have both the VPN tunnel and my web/mail servers
13 available simultaneously. I think some ip routing magic is required to
14 accomplish this, but all my experiments so far didn't yield any result.
15 I would appreciate if somebody can put me in the right direction for
16 finding a solution.
19 Timur