From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} backups... still backups....
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 09:05:23
1 On Sun, 30 Jun 2013 01:11:35 -0700, Grant wrote:
2
3 > > app-backup/backuppc
4 > >
5 > > It uses hard links, but to save space, so all versions of all files
6 > > are kept for your entire history, but unchanged files are kept only
7 > > once, even if present on multiple targets.
8 >
9 > Thank you for the recommendation.
10 >
11 > How far would I have to open my systems in order for backuppc to
12 > function?
13
14 You have to grant root rsync access to the backuppc user on the server.
15
16 > Can the web server reside on a different system than the backup server?
17
18 I haven't tried that but I don't see why not.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 ...Advert for restaurant:
25 "Exotic foods for all occasions. Police balls a speciality."