From: YoYo Siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Consistency checking
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 13:16:15
1 On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 04:45:25AM +0100, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I know of three commands to check the consistency of a Gentoo system:
7 > eix-sync && emerge --color=n -p -v --newuse --update --deep world
8 > emerge -p -v --depclean
9 > revdep-rebuild --ignore -p -v
10 >
11 > of course, one has to remove the -p and -v flags after checking the
12 > putput of the commands.
13 >
14 > What else can be checked and should be checked from time to time or
15 > after each update?
16
17 python-updater
18 perl-cleaner
19 to rebuild needed perl/python packages after an update,
20 maybe
21 module-rebuild
22 after a kernel upgrade...
23
24 personally I'd realy like if all the revdep-rebuild / python-updater /
25 perl-cleaner / ... were combined into a single tool or at least named
26 consistently :) (perl-cleaner is the one I can never remember ;)
29 yoyo