From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Python Installation
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 02:23:45
1 On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 8:48 AM, Helmut Jarausch
2 <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I have python2.7 and python3.4 installed here.
6 > I'd like to emerge any packages which use python only for python3.4 unless
7 > this package
8 > can only be installed for python2.7.
9 >
10 > Currently, I have the following in /etc/portage/make.conf and with this
11 > configuration, packages
12 > which can be installed for python2.7 and python3.4 are install twice (for
13 > 2.7 and 3.4).
14 > What am I doing wrong?
17 > PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_4"
18 > USE_PYTHON="2.7 3.4"
19 > PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7"
22 It doesn't work the way you are thinking. PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7
23 python3_4" will result in many packages being installed for both
24 versions. If you want to install some things for only python2.7, and
25 other things for only python3.4, you will need to make use of
26 package.use.
27
28 PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGETS is used for a small number of packages which may
29 support multiple python versions, but not simultaneously.