From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Should www-plugins/adobe-flash have "stable" versions?
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 23:02:44
7 CVE-2015-3113, a Flash Player zero-day vulnerability that is actively
8 being used by an APT group. The exploit has been ongoing since early
9 this month via phishing emails and affects Windows, Mac, and Linux
10 users. CVE-2015-3113 is a vulnerability in the way Flash parses Flash
11 Video Files (FLV). The exploit bypasses memory-based protection such
12 as ASLR and uses return-oriented programming (ROP) to bypass data
13 execution prevention (DEP).
14 Reference:
15 https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsb15-14.html
16
17 I see that the gentoo devs have already added the latest version to my
18 ~amd64 machine (thanks, team) but what about all the people who are
19 running stable gentoo?