From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How can I redirect all portage messages to syslog?
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 20:03:18
1 Hi,
2 is it possible to redirect *all* portage messages to syslog?
3
4 I mean, I would like to redirect content of all these files
5 into /var/log/messages (if possible in standard structure):
6
7 /var/log/emerge-fetch.log
8 /var/log/emerge.log
9 /var/log/portage/elog/summary.log
10
11 Setting PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="syslog", does not help:
12
13 Content previously written to summary.log is logged by system
14 logger but somehow broken, some parts of text are cut-off and
15 some lines in /var/log/messages are missing "program[pid]".
16
17 Messages from emerge.log are not logged by syslog at all.
18
19 Concerning emerge-fetch.log, I'm not sure because I did not
20 fetch anything this time...
23 Jarry
27 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
28 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.