From: Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: help with xorg-server-1.9.4 and no hal; broken mouse/keyboard/X
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 19:03:52
1 On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
2 > On 02/19/2011 07:44 PM, Valmor de Almeida wrote:
3 >>
4 >> [...]
5 >> I have just updated xorg to 1.9.4 with USE -hal and removed hal in
6 >> this order (also needed to remove hal from the default run level).  I
7 >> tried startx using the existing xorg.conf and X does not start
8 >> correctly, I have no mouse and a frozen screen (no keyboard) with the
9 >> arrow cursor placed in the middle of the screen. I also tried to start
10 >> X without an xorg.conf; same problem.
11 >
12 > Since you removed HAL support, did you enable udev support?
13
14 I am not sure how to do this. Is it a matter of adding a USE="udev" in
15 /etc/make.conf ?
19 >> emerge --depclean -vp
20 >> Dependencies could not be completely resolved due to
21 >> the following required packages not being installed:
22 >>
23 >>    sys-apps/hal  pulled in by:
24 >>        x11-drivers/xf86-input-synaptics-1.2.1
25 >
26 > Check your package.use.  Also try to unmerge xf86-input-synaptics and then
27 > emerge it again.
28
29 Another check on my system shows:
30
31 emerge --search xf86-input-synaptics
32 Latest version available: 1.3.0
33 Latest version installed: 1.2.1
34
35 emerge --search xf86-input-evdev
36 Latest version available: 2.6.0
37 Latest version available: 2.4.0
38
39 I don't emerge them directly. They are pulled in by xorg-drivers which
40 I have re-emerged several times. Don't know why the latest versions of
41 the drivers don't get installed. Is this the way to force the update
42 without recording into world:
43
44 emerge --oneshot xf86-input-synaptics xf86-input-evdev
45
46 Thanks,
49 Valmor