From: thegeezer@×××××××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] PPC64
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 09:27:03
1 Howdy folks,
2 I find myself in a position where I have some IBM pseries servers at
3 hand, and of course my first instinct is to install Gentoo :)
4
5 I've tried following the handbook[1] but I fail at the media step, as
6 there is no ppc64 download, just /mirror/gentoo/releases/ppc
7 inside there in 2007 and 2008 I can find "universal" iso and they do
8 work but these are too old to install from (EAPI blockers / kernel too
9 old for chroot with newer stage3 etc etc)
10
11 in /mirror/gentoo/releases/ppc/autobuilds/current-iso there is a
12 minimal iso which has no ppc64 and i can't get yaboot to boot.
13 i've used the 2007 and 2008 ppc64 and they seem to boot fine, just a bit
14 old is all.
15
16 can anyone point me in the direction of an
17 "install-ppc64-minimal-20141204.iso" or hopefully something newer?
18 my google-fu is letting me down!
19
20 thanks in advance!
21