From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage confusion
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 21:44:49
1 On Sunday 02 March 2008, maxim wexler wrote:
2
3 > Re-emerged gentoolkit.
4 >
5 > Now I get:
6
7 <snip long list>
8
9 > heathen@localhost ~ $
10 >
11 > Again, not "nothing". I can't unmerge all this stuff
12 > can I? Should I still run python-updater etc?
13
14 No, you don;t need to unmerge all of it - most of those are virtuals or
15 any version of python > x
16
17 Run python-updater. That will remerge everything linked to 2.3 to 2.4
18
19 If all goes well then you can unmerge python-2.3.* and run
20 revdep-rebuild as a last safety check. Be warned, python-updater iwll
21 remerge a lot of stuff - it always does
25 Alan McKinnon
26 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
29 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list