From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Setting up fetchmail to feed postfix
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 22:14:50
1 On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 09:48:11 -0800, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2
3 > > These few lines save you from all the potential hassle that sharing
4 > > read/write access to the same files could bring. Dovecot will ensure
5 > > that indexes are up to date when mail is delivered, and that alone is
6 > > reason enough for me.
7 >
8 > Do you really need lmtp for that, though? As far as I remember simply
9 > piping the messages to the /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver program, as the
10 > deilivery mechanism, will ensure the same thing. I don't know postfix
11 > much though, so maybe that's hard to do with postfix,
12 > unlike my pet exim.
13
14 In that case, why bother with Postfix at all. Can't fetchmail send mails
15 directly to an MDA? I use getmail and it doesn't need Postfix at all.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 WinErr 013: Unexpected error - Huh ?