From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Machine running before modem turned on - Network weirdness
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 19:31:45
1 On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 11:01 AM, Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au> wrote:
2 > Anyone got any idea as to what has changed? What should I be looking
3 > for to fiddle to get my preferred behaviour, modem/machine startup in any
4 > order and I'll get an IP address. Is there a dchp "polling time" or
5 > something similar that I need to set to get this running nicely again?
6
7 Newer dhcpcds can be configured to request an address when an
8 interface goes up. Did a change in settings slip through a
9 dispatch-conf? (Aside: This is the main cause of network issues when
10 dhcpcd is installed and a dhcpd is not running.)