From: Roman Zilka <rzilka@××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] HP nx6125: ACPI malfunctioning as ref'd in gentoo-wiki
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:46:53
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 I'm currently working on getting an HP/Compaq nx6125 laptop (a Sempron
4 flavor) used to The Penguin and I met the ACPI fans-not-turning-on bug
5 referenced here in the wiki:
6
7 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_HP_Compaq_nx6125
8
9 This article instructs me to apply some kernel patch which is to be
10 downloaded from somewhere in the kernel's bug #5534 file. But that bug's
11 discussion is just unfollowable to me. Besides, there are numerous patches
12 and half-maybe-fixes mentioned in that bug file and the comments there give
13 them no context nor a clear "patch with this one, not that one" status.
14
15 So please if any of you (maybe the wiki's author himself?) know what patch
16 exactly should I apply to get the nx6125 working, my huge thanks and
17 a desperate man's blessings are guaranteed in advance for a hint.:)
18
19 (Or maybe the laptop's working fine, only the sensors are not used to the
20 pitch-boiling climate which reigns over here... /me moves to a cave)
21
22 Regards
23 -Roman
24 --