From: Francesco Talamona <francesco.talamona@××××.eu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Fire the fox.
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 06:22:10
1 On Sunday 19 September 2010, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > Is it just me? Or does Firefox get slower every release? And less
3 > stable.
4 >
5 > I got myself up to the latest, and I cannot install my 4 add-ons
6 > (xmarks, AdBlockPlus, Noscript, Stumble-upon) without it crashing.
7 > Seg fault sometimes. I've got ECC memory, and no reported problems,
8 > and it does not help to clear the profiles (rename ~/.mozilla) and
9 > re-emerge.
10 >
11 > Grrrrrr.
12
13 Ditto. Every time slower and less stable. And when it crashes makes the
14 X destop crash too, I use it with firebug and it's slow as molasses.
15
16 Looking forward to FF4, still not tried on Linux.
17
18 greets
19 FT
22 Linux Version 2.6.35-gentoo-r7, Compiled #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Sep 17
23 21:01:33 CEST 2010
24 Two 2.4GHz AMD Athlon 64 Processors, 4GB RAM, 9648.04 Bogomips Total
25 aemaeth