From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-server
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 11:41:21
1 John wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi Gentoo Users
4 >
5 > I have just upgraded to xorg-server 1.9.2
6 > but unfortunately my keyboard is not recognising gb layout
7 >
8 > I have copied across use-estonian-layout.fdi.bz2
9 > to /etc/hal/fdi/policy/10-xinput-configuration.fdi
10 > and altered to gb.
11 >
12 > Rebooted etc but still keyboard is wrong.
13 >
14 > Is this still the correct file to change or should I be using xorg.conf?
15 >
16 > I have renamed to 10-keymap.fdi but does not make a difference.
17 >
18 > Following gentoo documentation.
23 I don't think that version uses hal, but uses udev. Is the udev USE
24 flag enabled?
25
26 I think you may want to try using a xorg.conf file but I'm not certain
27 it is required. I gave up on hal a long time ago so I still have my
28 file here.
29
30 Dale
31