From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sann-find-scanner can't find my scanner
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 02:42:29
1 Xihong Yin wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I first followed the gentoo wiki on how to install USB scanner. After
5 > emerge hotplug, sane-backends, and xsane. I don't have the configure
6 > file, "/etc/hotplug/usb/libsane.usermap". What the problem?
7 >
8 > Then I searched the Gentoo forum. I found another USB scanner howto. So
9 > I did all steps required in this howto. But the 'sane-find-scanner -q'
10 > returns nothing.
11 >
12 > My scanner is a Canon Lide30. Anybody can help me to setup this scanner?
13 >
14 > Thanks,
15 > Xihong
16 >
17 > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
18 > Finally - A spam blocker that actually works.
19 > http://www.bluebottle.com/tag/4
22 Hi,
23
24 Two things. First is to your problem. The file you are missing shows
25 this on my system:
26
27 > root@smoker / # equery belongs /etc/hotplug/usb/libsane.usermap
28 > [ Searching for file(s) /etc/hotplug/usb/libsane.usermap in *... ]
29 > media-gfx/sane-backends-1.0.18-r2 (/etc/hotplug/usb/libsane.usermap)
30 > root@smoker / #
31
32 You either need to make sure sane-backends is emerged or emerge it again
33 to get that file. The last one should be in case it was accidentally
34 deleted by the person in the chair. ;-) It happens we know.
35
36 Second thing, always start a new message instead of replying to another
37 one and changing the subject. Your email client may not be set up the
38 way ours is but we track these emails by threads, may be better to
39 understood as sorted by subject. The way you sent this email makes it
40 show up as part of someone else's thread and if someone is not reading
41 that thread that you replied to, you may not get the help you need.
42
43 If you are new to mailing lists, bottom posts are highly preferred and
44 send as text only, no html please. I had someone to tell me the same
45 thing when I first came here.
46
47 Hope that helps on both parts.
48