From: Leandro Melo de Sales <leandroal@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Domainname configuration
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 22:27:00
1 Hi Ryan,
2
3 thank you! You're right!
4
5 2006/5/31, Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com>:
6 > Leandro Melo de Sales wrote:
7 > > Hi,
8 > >
9 > > I set DNSDOMAIN variable to my domain in /etc/conf.d/domainname
10 > > file, but see it:
11 > >
12 > > embedded etc # domainname
13 > > (none)
14 > >
15 > > Am I doing something wrong? Or missing something?
18 > The command you're looking for is `dnsdomainname`. `domainname` looks
19 > up your NIS/YP domain name.
20 >
21 > Also, the first listed alias for your hostname in /etc/hosts must
22 > include your FQDN. For example:
23 >
24 > 192.168.0.2 foo.bar.com foo
25 > --
26 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
32 Leandro Melo de Sales.
33 Computer Science Student
34 Laboratório de Sistemas Distribuídos - www.lsd.ufcg.edu.br
35 Laboratório de Sistemas Embarcados e Computação Pervasiva -
36 www.embeddedacademy.org
37 Universidade Federal de Campina Grande - UFCG
38 Campina Grande - PB - Brasil
39
40 "Sometimes people fall in love, but a little bit of them really love
41 or find a truth love. Or sometimes they find it but for some reason
42 they let love pass without live it intensely. This is the free-well."
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list