From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage being silly with kernel sources
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 17:06:53
1 On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 12:23 PM Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > The problem is it's always trying to pull in unstable packages when I
4 > have two slotted kernels in world:
5 >
6 > sys-kernel/gentoo-sources:5.4.48
7 > sys-kernel/gentoo-sources:5.4.66
8 >
9 > I tried masking kernels >5.5 but now it's trying to pull in unstable
10 > kernel 5.4.70.
11 >
12 > I do not run unstable kernels, and have two stable kernels installed.
13 >
14 > Why is portage insistent on pulling in sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
15 > (non-slotted) when two slotted entries already exist?
18 I'm not sure what you mean by "slotted" here. Do you mean stable?
19
20 The most likely explanation is that you have ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~amd64
21 somewhere, or sys-kernel/gentoo-sources somewhere in
22 package.accept_keywords.
25 Rich