From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Postfix receives OK, but won't send to internet
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 20:24:57
1 Your ISP may be blocking port 25 outside of their own network.
5 Most likely you need to configure postfix to relay mail through your ISP's
6 mail server rather than just use your own.
10 A lot of ISP's do this so they don't have to handle complaints about spam
11 originating from one of their users.
17 -----Original Message-----
18 From: Sean Lester [mailto:SFLester@×××××××××.net]
19 Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 4:07 PM
20 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
21 Subject: [gentoo-user] Postfix receives OK, but won't send to internet
25 Greetings,
26
27 I have a partially working Postfix installation. It delivers messages
28 on the localhost. It'll receive messages from the internet. But, it will
29 not send messages to any hosts on the internet. I've checked my iptables
30 and port 25 is open both ways. Also, each error I've gotten has been that
31 the target smtp server has "Timed Out." Can anyone point me in the right
32 direction? Postfix? Firewall? Host or Domain Name resolution? Other?
36 Thank you for your time.
39 Sean