From: "Lukáš Oliva" <olivalukas@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fingerprint reader in Thinkpad R61
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 19:44:28
1 Hi,
2 I had similar problem, but under debian. Nevertheless the way
3 described on thinkwiki.org
4 (http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_enable_the_fingerprint_reader)
5 was working for the first time even on 64bit system.
6
7 Lukas
8
9 2008/8/1, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at>:
10 >
11 > I bought a Lenovo ThinkPad R61 these days, nearly everything runs fine
12 > under gentoo, I am very happy so far.
13 >
14 > The only feature missing is the fingerprint reader, my googling lead me
15 > to the fact that the reader is not supported by the thinkfinger-pkg
16 > because it's a TouchStrip reader.
17 >
18 > A howto is here:
19 >
20 > http://knowledge76.com/index.php/Fingerprint_Reader_Installation
23 > Does anyone know if there is already some ebuild for this somewhere?
24 > Maybe some overlay?
25 >
26 > I'd like to know before I start to write my own ebuild for this.
27 >
28 > Thanks a lot for any pointer, Stefan