From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] convert wmv to mp4?
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 16:03:02
1 On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm looking around on the web for ways to convert wmv files to mp4. So
3 > far the most common solution seems to be ffmpeg but when I try that it
4 > doesn't seem to understand the video files. The most common type of
5 > comment people give is that this should be straight forward if 32-bit
6 > codecs are installed. I'm running 64-bit and don't see what flags I
7 > might need to set to get that?
8 >
9 > There is a library (libwmf) which advertises the ability to do this
10 > but I don't seem to be using it in any application right now:
11 >
12 > * media-libs/libwmf
13 >     Available versions:  0.2.8.4-r4 {{X debug doc expat xml}}
14 >     Homepage:            http://wvware.sourceforge.net/
17 > mark@c2stable ~/WMV-Test $ equery depends libwfm
18 >  * These packages depend on libwfm:
19 > mark@c2stable ~/WMV-Test $
22 > Anyone doing this successfully today or what to suggest how to do this?
23
24 What you need is likely a combination of 'w32codecs' (which I expect
25 is an ebuild somewhere) and multilib.
26
27 Unfortunately, I don't have a Gentoo box I can ssh into any more, at
28 least until inara and/or kaylee are fixed. But I did have this kind of
29 thing working on them previously.
32 :wq