From: "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <gentoo@×××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Change Readline mode for all users?
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 00:25:16
1 > I find that my pager and editor are set in /etc/env.d/99pager and
2 > /etc/env.d/99editor respectively, but creating a
3 > /etc/env.d/99bashlineediting file containing "set -o vi" doesn't seem to
4 > work.
5
6 1) env-update
7
8 env.d is just the place where all the packages places their crap so env-update
9 can take care of it and rebuild all the things properly (so, no need to allow
10 to edit system config directly (and accidentally brake them)
11
12 2) what you want is a bad idea.
13
14 I bet portage (which internally uses bash a lot) won't be happy with that