From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The generated cache was invalid...
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 02:06:31
1 On Tuesday 20 November 2007 00:40:16 Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 > I've been seeing this error during every emerge for a while now, and I
3 > don't know where it comes from, or what it means:
4 >
5 > * Updating desktop mime database ...
6 > * Updating shared mime info database ...
7 > * Updating icons cache ...
8 > The generated cache was invalid. [ !! ]
9
10 This comes from the gnome2-utils eclass. It runs gtk-update-icon-cache -qf on
11 the dirs in /usr/share/icons/. Running emerge with --debug should tell you
12 which dir it's trying to update when it emits the error message..
15 Bo Andresen