From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bad sound card drivers?
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 18:50:58
1 > > > > > > ALi Corporation M5451 PCI AC-Link Controller Audio Device
2 > > > > > > (rev 02)
3 > > > > > >
4 > > > > > Have you RTC support in the kernel for accurate sound timings?
5 > > > > It does sound like something of a timing issue. There are lots of
6 > > > > clicks in the sound when on the phone. Hard to describe.
7 > > > >
8 > > > > - Grant
9 > > > Did you build your own kernel?
10 > >
11 > > I did. Are there certain options I need to make sure I have enabled?
12 > >
13 > > - Grant
14 > just forwarding some guesses, but have you
15 >
16 > CONFIG_HPET_EMULATE_RTC=y
17 > CONFIG_RTC=y
18 > CONFIG_SND_RTCTIMER=y
19
20 The first two are enabled, but I don't seem to have
21 CONFIG_SND_RTCTIMER in my .config file. Could it be called something
22 else or is there somewhere I should look for it in the menuconfig?
23 I'm using hardened-2.6.18.
24
25 - Grant
26 --