From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] boot new splash Image?
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 01:17:56
1 On Nov 7, 2005, at 3:14 pm, James wrote:
2 >
3 > I use the /boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz image at boot time, without issues.
4 >
5 > However, I'm looking for some variety now. Maybe (3) penguins?
6 > Animation? or a variety of different images at boot time?
7 >
8 > Any ideas or archives with lots of choices are most welcome.
9 > For somebody with zero artistic skills, I have to find something
10 > cool.
11
12 You can't animate the grub splash image, but you can install an
13 animated splashscreen with a progressbar & icons as subsequent parts of
14 your system boot.
15
16 Once you've got http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_fbsplash working you can
17 take any image that you want & add a progressbar
18 http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Design_your_own_Framebuffer_Splash
19
20 Stroller.
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list