From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: python-updater broken
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:38:52
1 Albert Hopkins <marduk <at> letterboxes.org> writes:
4 > Perhaps you can run strace (or bash -x) on it to see where it's hanging.
5
6 Oh, I would not know the syntax. No man page for strace. more info?
7 syntax suggestions? The machine hoses everytime I run python-update.
10 > > # eselect python list
11 > > !!! Error: Can't load module python
12
13 > Probably because there is no eselect module for python installed (there
14 > isn't one on any my machines).
15
16 Right, so now I installed it and it says:
19 Available python interpreters:
20 [1] python2.4
21 [2] python2.5 *
22
23 So why does python-updater have to be used at all?
24 Everything else seems fine....
27 James