From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New gentoo installation fails when trying to install syslog-ng
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 20:25:41
1 On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 4:14 PM, pk <peterk2@××××××××.se> wrote:
2 > On 2011-09-14 19:04, Joshua Murphy wrote:
3 >
4 >> text from what you're replying to. Bottom posting is the standard on
5 >> many mailing lists because it allows a more natural flow of
6 >
7 > Yes, but... netiquette also says you should edit and trim away all text
8 > not necessary for the reply... I wish more would do that on the lists
9 > that I subscribe to but even very experienced people seem to have given
10 > up on this, or something... sigh! :-(
11
12 It's not always obvious that it's there, so sometimes it slips by me.
13 In GMail, for example, large swaths of nested conversation and the
14 like get hidden by '-Show quoted text-'. Hit reply, hit ctrl-End to
15 get to the bottom, reply...and not realize that you jumped past five
16 kilobytes' worth of stale, quoted conversation.
17
18 The fewer layers of irrelevant nested conversation left embedded, the
19 better. And the fewer nested "regards", "respectfully" and other
20 signatures, the better.
21
22 Now if only I could get GMail to not dedicate four lines to a two-line sig...
25 :wq