From: Tom <uebershark@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot via floppy from cdrom
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 14:42:45
1 > > > Why wast your time with floppies? Boot from a USB stick that has
2 > > > plenty of storage on it for kernels and drivers.
3 > >
4 > > Bios doesn't support it :(
7 > So was this machine manufactured 10 years ago or are you *that* good
8 > in choosing crappy hardware?
9
10 I regular y excel in choosing crappy hardware :-;
11
12 However, the board does date back to 2004, don't know when it was first
13 released though.
14
15 The bord/bios is actually supposed to boot off sata, just for that to
16 work I need to set the controller to non-raid mode in the bios.
17 Doing that upsets my WinXP install, which is also a non-option.
18
19 So basically I'm stuck with the 'via floppy' method, which is nice,
20 reminds me of the 'good old times' ;)
21
22 Tom