From: "Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@×××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] keeping an installed version
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 21:48:54
Hi,

I'm trying to understand package masking. If I want to keep a version of a
package, if I mask-out anything higher than the current version then I figured
that would accomplish the task.

Currently I have media-video/nvidia-settings-169.07

If I want to keep this, I thought I could add this to
/etc/portage/package.mask

>media-video/nvidia-settings-169.07
but if I run emerge --update --pretend --deep world I get [ebuild UD] media-video/nvidia-settings-1.0.20070621 [169.07] I don't understand why it wants to downgrade the package from 169.07. I'm obviously missing something. Thanks, Mike -- Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@×××××××××××××.ca> "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." --Albert Einstein