From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anybody want to beta test Gentoo with mdev instead of udev?
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 16:30:35
1 On 2011-11-15 07:21, waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
2
3 > The purpose of this email is to ask adventurous people here to beta
4 > test my approach to a udev-less Gentoo. If we don't find any
5 > showstopper problems, we can think about requesting Gentoo developers to
6 > support an mdev-based profile. It would help the cause if a large
7 > number of testers can report that it works for them. The instructions
8 > for a udev-ectomy follow below. Thanks to Zac Medico and others on the
9 > Gentoo developers' list for their helpful hints and pointers on how to
10 > do this. I couldn't have figured this out by myself.
11
12 I apologize for not having replied sooner. This sounds very interesting
13 and I will try this out, when I can find the time to "tinker". Thanks
14 for doing this!
15
16 Best regards
17