From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What to set in kernel for hi-res console terminal
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 23:07:12
1 On Sunday 16 Jul 2017 17:46:11 R0b0t1 wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 3:18 PM, Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I'm starting a new vbox install of gentoo using the minimal ISO from
4 > > 07/13
5 > >
6 > > When it gets to the kernel setup... I cannot figure out what to set
7 > > to make my console terminal high resolution. Something along the line
8 > > of 1600x1200.
9 > >
10 > > I understand this can all be done in the kernel now. But cannot
11 > > really get a good fix googling on what is needed there.
12 >
13 > I was unable to figure this out either - can you comment on whether or
14 > not Mick's suggestions work for you? The documentation I followed
15 > about a year ago didn't seem to work.
16 >
17 > I assume your goal is to have VTs that look like they do on Ubuntu, etc?
18
19 Found it! Have a look at your kernel documentation, which refers to the VGA
22 /usr/src/linux/Documentation/svga.txt
23
24 I couldn't find anything about changing the display mode with modesetting
25 though.
26 --
27 Regards,
28 Mick