From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] need files for older ebuild
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2018 22:04:03
1 On 08/09/2018 04:57 AM, John Covici wrote:
2 > Hi. I need to compile gnome-control-center-3.24.3 as 24.4 will not
3 > compile (filed a bug, but no response). I have saved the old ebuild,
4 > but it needs something in the files subdirectory and I don't have it
5 > and it was deleted some time ago. I am using git and I wonder if its
6 > somehow obtainable from there or from some other location. I need
7 > this to resolve preserved-lib problem.
8 >
9 > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
10 Since you are using git, you should just be able to checkout the commit
11 prior to the one which removed the needed file(s).  "git log" should
12 give you enough in formation to identify the target commit - find the
13 commit which removed the file, then select the next older one, which is
14 the next one in the log.