From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Terminal weirdness...
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2020 05:13:23
1 Hi,
2
3 when updateing my repository of neomutt and build it it normally went
4 fine and the executable can be used.
5
6 This was the case til the release dated 1.5.2020.
7
8 Afer that some hotkey commands were no longer recognized - the
9 keypress itsself was recognized, but either the wrong function
10 was executed or "key not bound" was displayed.
11 This is true for ^O for opening a folder of a mailinglist.
12 ^N still works.
13
14 I asked people from the neomutt mailing list but the suggested
15 solutions didn't work:
16
17 stty flush undef
18
19 or instead
20
21 stty discard undef
24 Now the next stable version of neomutt was released but
25 my problem remains.
26
27 Yesterday I was playing around with simh and tried
28 to boot and run some old unix v7 tapes.
29
30 While preparing the boot process simh prints
31 some weird characters on the screen, which were
32 not diplayed in the tutorial online.
33
34 I don't know, wheter this is related.
35
36 In the relevant time I didn't changed any terminal related/
37 language related or such things in my setup.
38
39 I simply don't know where to search for what to fix
40 this.
41
42 Any help is very appreciated!
43