From: Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Panic at boot time after update kernel to 2.6.20-r8.
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 23:36:22
1 Roman Zimmermann wrote:
2 > I have a similar controller to yours and did some research recently. It seems
3 > that (allmost) all ICH7 controllers do support AHCI [1]. But I cannot
4 > activate AHCI anywhere in the BIOS. It seems this is due to some limitations
5 > of the BIOS.
6 > There was also a thread on another mailing list where it was suggested to
7 > update the BIOS. I'm currently pondering to do so but I'm not sure about how
8 > safe it is without having a winxp installation... Besides I'm not sure
9 > whether it would help.
10 >
11 > [1] http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/imst/sb/CS-012304.htm
15 I checked the FAQ on the Asus website and that states that my
16 motherboard doesn't support AHCI. :(
19 Be lucky,
20
21 Neil