From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Auto-mount USB device
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 23:15:07
1 On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 09:05 -0700, Stephen Liu wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
3 >
4 > Gentoo_64
5 >
6 > gnome-light
7 >
8 > When the USB enclosure is plugin hotplug detects it. But it won't mount
9 > it automatically showing it as an icon on desktop. I have to mount it
10 > manually on console. Please advise which file I have to edit enabling
11 > auto-mount when the USB enclosure is plugged. TIA
12
13 There are a couple of things it might be:
14
15 1. install gnome-volume-manager
16 2. add yourself to the plugdev group
17 3. remove any lines in /etc/fstab for the same device you want to
18 automount
19
20 post back with results if that still fails!
21
22 HTH,
26 And that's the way it is...
27 -- Walter Cronkite