From: kyd.is.back@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user]
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 18:38:55
1 Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 15:37:50 -0300
2 From: piztacho@×××××××××××××.com
3 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
4 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KVM networking help
5 Message-ID: <20130717183750.GB20420@×××××××××××××.com>
6 References: <CAHgBc-tXZR4TrMw_eyK6i2-FvuZ01-16ROuagweiLK24DNO3ww@××××××××××.com>
7 MIME-Version: 1.0
8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
9 Content-Disposition: inline
10 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
11 In-Reply-To: <CAHgBc-tXZR4TrMw_eyK6i2-FvuZ01-16ROuagweiLK24DNO3ww@××××××××××.com>
12 User-Agent: Mutt/1.5.21 (2010-09-15)
13
14 ¿ There are a FW in the middle ?
15
16 have you try making a telnet to ssh port ?
17 -----------------------------------------------------------------
18 On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 11:58:49PM +0530, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
19 > Hi,
20 >
21 > I need some help settling up networking with KVM machines.
22 >
23 > I have one public interface with four publicly accessible IPs.
24 >
25 > I want to run a private virtual network for the VMs, such that every VM
26 > can access every other VM and host, also host can access every VM
27 > (required for NAT).
28 >
29 > So far I tried this:
30 >
31 > Create two tap interfaces.
32 > Add them to a bridge
33 > Assign IP to bridge
34 > Set different MACs for VMs' NICs.
35 >
36 > This let's me access one VM to another also VM to host (not sure about
37 > this, ping works).
38 > But I'm not able to use host to VM (ping works), I'm not able to
39 > connect to sshd running inside VM from host.
43 Kyd