From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Recommend a tftp server that works?
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 20:23:04
1 Can somebody recommend a tftp server that works?
2
3 I've got atftp installed and have been using the client for some time
4 (after fixing a number of bugs).
5
6 But, the atftpd server just plain refuses to do anything other than
7 print out the help text and exit. It doesn't matter what options you
8 specify or what root directory you give, it just prints the help text
9 and exits. No error messages, just the help text and you're done.
10
11 After having worked with the atftp client code, I have no desire to
12 wade into the server code to try to fix it as well.
13
14 But, when I try to install one of the other tftp servers, emerge
15 refuses. How to I tell emerge to go ahead and install, for example,
16 netkit-tftp even though atftp is already installed?
19 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Four thousand
20 at different MAGNATES, MOGULS
21 gmail.com & NABOBS are romping in my
22 gothic solarium!!