From: "Mickaël Bucas" <mbucas@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] where is /usr/portage?
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 10:29:16
1 Le lun. 11 nov. 2019 à 09:35, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> a écrit :
2 >
3 > On Monday, 11 November 2019 08:25:06 GMT n952162 wrote:
4 > > I re-installed gentoo from the minimal boot cd (amd64), re-emerged
5 > > everything from my old, saved world file, overnight, and its up and
6 > > running, more or less. Then, I wanted to see what was available and
7 > > discovered, there's no /usr/portage directory! What did I do wrong?
8 >
9 > Nothing.
10 >
11 > /usr/portage has now moved to /var/db/repos/gentoo/.
12 >
13 > /usr/portage/distfiles has moved to /var/cache/distfiles/
14 >
15 > Portage will work fine with both legacy and new fs locations.
16 > --
17 > Regards,
18 >
19 > Mick
20
21 My two systems are currently using the old locations.
22 Is there a documentation about the way to migrate to the new locations
23 without breaking things ?
24 The profile links comes to mind but other things are probably necessary !
25
26 Has anyone already done the migration ?
27 In this case do you have advices or warnings about it ?
28
29 Thanks
30
31 Best regards