From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Doubt about FLAG use
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 14:00:45
1 On Thursday 24 April 2008, 15:49, Net Warrior wrote:
2 > Hi there guys.
3 > I've been reading the handbook about the FLAGS featrure usage, very
4 > powerfull indeed, but, I just was wondering if there a way to define
5 > some flags for a particular aplication and not in general.
6 >
7 > Lets take a real case, mplayer, I'd like to revome some stuff I do not
8 > use/like, for example, ipv6/ftp, joyskit for exmaple, is there a way
9 > to define this kind of thing like USE{mplayer}"-ipv6 -ftp" in
10 > make.conf ?
11 >
12 > Thanks for your time and support.
13
14 man portage explains this and many other things "you always wanted to
15 know about portage but were afraid to ask" (cit.). Hint: you have to
16 use /etc/portage/package.use. But read the man page thoroughly anyway.
17 --
18 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list