From: Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot have the default USE='static pam' for sys-apps/busybox
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 20:28:21
1 On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 19:29:38 +0200 Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 6:53 PM, Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > > On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 17:31:20 +0200 Alexander Kapshuk <
6 > > alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com> wrote:
7 > >
8 > > > On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 1:46 PM, Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
9 > > >
10 > > > > While doing recent wold updates I get the following message:
11 > > > >
12 > > > > * Messages for package sys-apps/busybox-1.23.0-r1:
13 > > > > * You cannot have USE='static pam'. Assuming static is more important.
14 > > > >
15 > > > > However, I never set any of those two flags neither in
16 > > > > /etc/portage/make.conf
17 > > > > no in /etc/portage/packag.use. So, it is set by default.
18 > > > >
19 > > > > So, why the message above?
20 > > > >
21 > > > STATIC is enabled and PAM is disabled in the ebuild:
22 > > >
23 > > > grep IUSE `equery -q w busybox`
24 > > > IUSE="debug ipv6 livecd make-symlinks math mdev -pam selinux sep-usr
25 > > > +static syslog systemd"
26 > >
27 > > Strange enough. How I arrived to +pam setting if I have not set it in
28 > > any of the /etc/portage/make.conf and /etc/portage/package.use files?
29 > >
30 > I had explicitly enabled pam globally in /etc/portage/make.conf.
31
32 But I did not.
33
34 > So after reading the portage message about pam having to be disabled,
35 > I disabled it explicitly in /etc/portage/package.use.
36 >
37 > Running 'emerge --info | grep pam' might reveal a USE flag setting with
38 > pam enabled.
39
40 I run something like this before I disabled it for busybox in package.use.
41
42 It is enabled system-wide. And I think that it is was enabled
43 in the desktop/gnome profile from which I started my Gentoo
44 installation about one and a half years ago. Later, I switched
45 to xfce4 but was afraid to switch the profile and recompile everything.
46
47 So, both pam and static use flags has been set by default in the gnome profile,
48 and then suddenly busybox started to complain about it.