From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome 3 has landed
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 22:12:44
1 Am 2011-11-26 22:56, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
2
3 > Let me get this straight: if I want to somehow stay in the world of
4 > gnome-2.32 (panels, desktop, etc) I could simply avoid masking any of
5 > the new stuff and use the mentioned gnome-fallback-setting?
6 >
7 > I also hesitate to leave my comfort zone ... ;-) (and I am on ~amd64 as
8 > well).
9
10 I think I will keep on masking ...
11
12 http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/gnome-3-fallback.html for example
13 tells me there are no applets, no desktop-behavior that I am used to.
14
15 Right now I use some package.mask-list from a posting in the
16 gentoo-forums .... I'd be happy if the maintainers would provide us with
17 a way to easily chose to stay w/ <gnome-3 somehow (without maintaining a
18 long list of packages to mask).
19
20 Stefan