From: David Abbott <david@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Install Issue
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 20:45:50
1 On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 4:31 PM, CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 10/10/11 16:17, Michael Mol wrote:
3 >> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 4:06 PM, CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>> Today, I went through the install process, had a couple of issues, but
5 >>> was able to figure them out and got to the point where I was supposed to
6 >>> boot into my new system.  I got the boot menu, the boot process seemed
7 >>> to be okay, but when I got to the point where I assumed I should get a
8 >>> command prompt to finish up, all I got was a weird screen that was half
9 >>> black and half fuzzy with a bunch of colours (sorry, I can describe this
10 >>> any better).  I tried recompiling the kernel thinking it was a problem
11 >>> that I had created during the initial compilation, but that ended with
12 >>> the same result.
13 I would enable kms;
14 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Radeon#Kernel_Modesetting_.28KMS.29
15 http://forums-web2.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-831521-start-0.html