From: "J.Rutkowski" <jrtk@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] The state of public relations?
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 03:08:35
1 What is the current status of Gentoo public relations? A quick glance on
2 Gentoo's Google+ and Twitter accounts show no posts in 3-4 months. Even
3 the Project:Public Relations[1] page seems quite out of date. While we
4 have the mailing lists, forum, Gentoo Monthly Newsletter, these are all
5 geared more for the internal Gentoo community. What else is being or can
6 be done in outreach to the rest of the Linux/FOSS community? Something
7 that really intrigues me is Fedora's Ambassador[2] project and the
8 concerted effort placed in organizing presence at events, publicly
9 promoting projects, organzing contributor and developer projects (à la
10 hackathons), etc. Is this something that users would like
11 to see more?
14 [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Public_Relations
15 [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors
19 J. Rutkowski