From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard drive AHCI versus RAID setting in BIOS?
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2021 17:52:05
1 On Fri, Jun 4, 2021 at 4:04 PM Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 18:04:51 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
4 >
5 > > Since wiping Windows voids the warranty, I'll run the new machine for
6 > > several days under Windows, just in case there are any early problems.
7 > > After that, it goes Gentoo.
8 >
9 > I always boot system rescue and dd the entries drive to somewhere safe.
10 > That way I restore the original setup in the case of a warranty claim -
11 > unless the failure is that bad that I can't boot or access the disk.
14 > --
15 > Neil Bothwick
16 >
17 > Windows Error #05: Nonexisent error. This cannot really be happening
18
19 Just a side thought but if the machine uses a M.2 type PCIe drive shipped
20 originally with Windows on it then, because the swap is physically easy and
21 quick, I might consider just buying a second M.2 for a LInux install thus
22 keeping the original with Windows.
23
24 - Mark