From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] root partition lost - backup too old - please help
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 19:20:55
1 On Montag 14 Juni 2010, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > On 14 Jun, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > On Montag 14 Juni 2010, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
4 > >> Hi,
5 > >>
6 > >> due to a disk crash I've lost my root partition.
7 > >> Unfortunately, the backup version is 4 weeks old.
8 > >> But my /usr partition is up-to-date and I have
9 > >> binary build-pkgs.
10 > >> What's the fastest way to restore the portage-relevant
11 > >> data on the root partition?
12 > >>
13 > >> Many thanks for a hint,
14 > >> Helmut.
15 > >
16 > > if /var/db survived, you can grep for /bin /lib /sbin etc in /var/db and
17 > > install the packages hit.
18 >
19 > Thanks, but unfortunately /var was on the root partition.
20 >
21 > So, I have to emerge -k --update @world @system .
22 >
23 > Helmut.