From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Making a new frame-buffer console font
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 12:16:38
1 On Sunday 08 February 2015 11:00:47 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 08 Feb 2015 09:33:59 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > > I don't know what you mean with oblique stroke. Do you mean the
4 > > > slash through the letter zero? Anyway, I don't know how to remove
5 > > > it.
6 > >
7 > > I've always been puzzled by that form of zero, and recently since it
8 > > started causing me difficulty I've come to loathe it. :-(
9 >
10 > It dates back to the days when fonts were much coarser and it was the
11 > only reliable way to distinguish between a zero and a capital o. Less
12 > useful nowadays and many fonts no longer use it.
13
14 Yes, I know, but I can't see why it's survived so long after it stopped
15 being useful.
16
17 Never mind. We are where we are.
20 Rgds